[metis-users] Metis

Geoff Sutcliffe geoff at cs.miami.edu
Mon Jun 13 12:19:19 UTC 2016

Hi Joe, all,

> Unfortunately there isn't really a comprehensive document describing
> the output of Metis. The website lists two example outputs, one for a
> CNF problem and one for a FOF problem:
>
> http://www.gilith.com/software/metis/example-cnf-proof.txt
> http://www.gilith.com/software/metis/example-fof-proof.txt
>
> The inference rules used by the cnf clauses in the output are
> described in this document:
>
> http://www.gilith.com/software/metis/logical-kernel.txt
>
> I'd be happy to answer any further questions you have about the output
> on the mailing list.

Information about the TPTP proof format is available at ...
    http://www.cs.miami.edu/~tptp/TPTP/QuickGuide/Derivations.html
    http://www.cs.miami.edu/~tptp/TPTP/QuickGuide/FiniteInterpretations.html

... and written up in ...

@InProceedings{SS+06,
    Author       = "Sutcliffe, G. and Schulz, S. and Claessen, K. and
                    Van Gelder, A.",
    Year         = "2006",
    Title        = "{Using the TPTP Language for Writing Derivations and
                    Finite Interpretations}",
    Editor       = "Furbach, U. and Shankar, N.",
    BookTitle    = "{Proceedings of the 3rd International Joint Conference on
                    Automated Reasoning}",
    Place        = "Seattle, USA",
    Series       = "Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence",
    Number       = "4130",
    Pages        = "67-81",
    Comment      = "TPTPCite"
}