[opentheory-users] Problems with Poly/ML

Rob Arthan rda at lemma-one.com
Wed Aug 15 11:12:23 UTC 2012

I tried to build opentheory using Poly/ML, When I do make, I see this:

rda]- make polyml

***************************************
* Build and test the Poly/ML programs *

cd bin/polyml ; echo "use \"selftest.sml\";" | poly  > selftest.log

And then there is a process running poly that consumes 600Mb or more of memory and grows slowly but never seems to terminate. selftest.log ends with the following line:

structure Thms : Thms

Am I just being impatient or what?

This is on a Mac running Snow Lion (10.6.8) and poly -v reports:

Poly/ML 5.4.1 Release    RTS version: X86_64-5.4.1

Regards,

Rob.