[metis-users] TPTP equalish predicate

Joe Hurd joe at gilith.com
Mon Nov 21 18:20:00 UTC 2011

Hi James,

I was just using == as a convenient infix notation for equalish, to
make things more readable when I was developing Metis. You could go
ahead and remove the ==/equalish binding from

Tptp.defaultRelationMapping

and use == for your own purposes. However, you should be aware that
Metis treats the symbol = specially, and if you use another symbol to
represent equality you might miss out on some equality processing
(such as scanning for irreflexivities to remove when factoring).