[metis-users] New --time-limit command line argument

Andrés Sicard-Ramírez andres.sicard.ramirez at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 04:36:32 UTC 2010

Hi,

@Joe: Thanks for the implementation of this feature.

> There are some caveats to this feature:
>
> 2. Metis has many failure modes beyond running out of time, such as
> eating up all the memory it can find, so in most circumstances it is
> preferable to use the ulimit shell command to set limits rather than
> this command line argument.

I agree the ulimit command can be a better option. I am calling Metis
from an Haskell application using threads and I had some problems
killing the threads using ulimit + Metis. The new --time-limit
argument worked with my set-up.

All the best,

--
Andrés